Health & Wellness

If you need mental health support,  ​NYC Well is a confidential mental health information and referral line with access to mobile crisis team, which you can call 24/7. Text "WELL" to 65173, call 1-888-NYC-WELL (692-9355) or chat now.  

What documents do I need to get benefits?

Use the Document Checklist to learn which documents you should bring to agency visits. 


Administration for Children's Services (ACS)

Bridges to Health (B2H)

B2H is a Medicaid Waiver Program that provides supportive, wrap-around and aftercare services to children, youth and adolescents, their birth, foster and adoptive parents and siblings in the home in their communities.

Learn More About Bridges to Health


Department of Education (DOE)


If your child has asthma, there are various health programs that will help keep their asthma under control.

→ Learn More About Resources for Asthma

School Mental Health Programs

School Mental Health Programs offer support so schools meet the emotional health and academic needs of their students. You can see Mental Health services listed by school name, location, and district.

→ Learn More About School Mental Health Programs

School-Based Health Centers

School-Based Health Centers are medical health centers within schools. They provide free health services to your child, regardless of insurance or immigration status. School physicians and nurses conduct physical exams and help manage the health of students with health issues like asthma, allergies and diabetes. Students with health issues and disabilities can receive prescribed medicine, skilled nursing treatments and 504 Accommodations in school.

→ Learn More About School-Based Health Centers


Human Resources Administration (HRA)

Medical Insurance

New York State offers free and low-cost public health insurance plans to most New Yorkers, including Medicaid, Child Health Plus and the Essential Plan as well as private coverage and financial help through its official health insurance Marketplace known as the New York State of Health. New York City residents may be able to get public health insurance even if they own a house or car, have a bank account, or receive private health insurance.  Applicants must meet program eligibility requirements, including income, residency, and immigration status.  Individuals who receive SSI are automatically eligible and most people who receive Cash Assistance are also eligible. All children are eligible for Child Health Plus regardless of immigration status. To learn more about health insurance options, you can contact HRA’s Office of Citywide Health Insurance.

Learn More About Medical Insurance